Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why Should Chrstians Wait until Marriage to experience Sex?

Well here it is, my first blog. It has been a long time coming but I hope you enjoy it.

I found this interesting article regarding the percentage of young Christians who have had sex before marriage. One thing that really disturbed me now and while growing up, is the amount of sexual sin in the church. I am not standing in judgement of anyone because I face the same issues as any Christian man in an over sexed society of keeping my thoughts and actions pure before God.  I am asking why is that Christ's Church does not seem to be able to follow the commands of His Word. Given the exploitation of sex in our culture today this topic presents a problem for every young person in and outside of churches today. How do we stay pure sexually and keep ourselves for that one person that God has planned for us to marry? While being born at the tail end of the "Baby boomers" and the sexual revolution generation we have been encouraged from an early age by media in all forms to be sexually active. When someone of my generation and older says Woodstock, we do not think of a town in New Brunswick or a city in Ontario. Woodstock is synonymous with the culmination of the sexual revolution which included indulgences in free sex, drugs, alcohol and rock'n roll. Here marks a significant date in what had been termed "The Sexual Revolution." This is by no means limited to just our time. We can read of many hedonistic times in history prior to our present day and see how those cultures were affected by such behavior yet we march blindly on the road to the fall of our society without even a second thought.

The question needs to be asked "How is the church different than the world?" What were commonly held convictions by the church at large to be sin, when I was a teenager, now is not even questioned. Sin is redefined in a large part of present day by Christianity. Why should Christians be abstinent of sexual activity before marriage and faithful to one spouse after marriage? The following article came across my Facebook News Feed today and I thought it gave an answer to this question that is faithful to the Word of God. It gives some insight into the answer to the question what is the deeper meaning of Christian marriage? I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0002568.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment